Friday, May 6, 2011

Quinoa Salad and Southwest Wraps

Last night as we were sitting down to dinner I told Braden that I felt like such a GOOD mom by serving my family something as healthy as this meal and the best part?? It had SO much flavor!

Quinoa Salad:

  • Quinoa
  • Black beans 
  • Red Pepper
  • Fresh Mango
  • Oil (you can use Olive or whatever you have, I used peanut oil)
  • Fresh Lime
  • Salt 
  • Pepper
  • Cilantro
 Cook Quinoa as directed on package. Drain and RINSE black beans. Cut up red pepper and mango into bite sized pieces. Mix quinoa, red pepper, mango and beans in bowl.
 Add about equal parts oil and fresh squeezed lime juice until desired taste. Add salt and pepper. Last, sprinkle with fresh cut cilantro. Mix all together and REFRIGERATE for a couple of hours (or more, it taste better the longer it sits)!

 

Whole wheat SW Chicken Wraps
  • Whole wheat tortillas (or whatever wrap you choose, pitas would be good too)
  • Chicken
  • Seasoning
  • Hummus
  • Lettuce
  • Cucumber
  • Tomato
  • Other veggies if you desire
I cheated and used a package of pre-cooked and seasoned chicken but next time I'll make my own! This is my favorite brand of hummus and next time I'll try a different flavor to change it up. This one is Greek Style and SOO yummy, they also have a cracked red pepper one that looks delish too.
 Chop Veggies
 Spread the hummus on tortilla-top with a little chicken for protein and a TON of veggies!
Wrap and Enjoy with a scoop of salad on the side!

This is such an easy meal! I made the salad early in the day during nap time (takes about 30 minutes with quinoa cooking time) and the wraps took about 5 minutes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment