Last Saturday I made a batch of Zuppa Toscana soup, just like the kind at the Olive Garden. It turned out so yummy and SO simple! Here is the recipe I used:
- 1 lb Italian sausage (I like mild sausage)
- 2 large russet baking potatoes, sliced in half, and then in 1/4 inch slices
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup bacon bit (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups kale or 2 cups swiss chard, chopped
- 2 (8 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 quart water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1Chop or slice uncooked sausage into small pieces.
- 2Brown sausage in your soup pot.
- 3Add chicken broth and water to pot and stir.
- 4Place onions, potatoes, and garlic in pot.
- 5Cook on medium heat until potatoes are done.
- 6Add sausage and bacon.
- 7Salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Simmer for another 10 minutes.
- 9Turn to low heat.
- 10Add kale and cream.
- 11Heat through and serve.